Info on water injection.

91BLOWNSC

I was wondering about pursuing the use of water injection on my car but I would like to hear from some people who are using it, a little bit about it, and how expensive it is to have set up. Couple of things, how dangerous is it? What are the expected gains? And can you make a homemade version of this water injection system?

hmm..

Did a search and found a bunch of stuff. Guess I forgot to do that first. :eek: Replies are still welcome. Im only 20, and had 3 bent rods due to coolant getting in the cylinders, I dont' want this to happen again with this!! :(

The idea is a good concept and it works well. I wouldn't bother trying to put something together yourself, it will end up costing ya the same amount a pre made kit would cost. Search around on the net for a high pressure system, atomization is much better and will do a better job for you. Also make sure the nozzle is placed after the bypass valve before the intake manifold for safest and best results. I made one designed for Methanol, highly corrosive. The system cost me about $400 to put together but it works awesome.

Aaron Pedroza said:
The idea is a good concept and it works well. I wouldn't bother trying to put something together yourself, it will end up costing ya the same amount a pre made kit would cost. Search around on the net for a high pressure system, atomization is much better and will do a better job for you. Also make sure the nozzle is placed after the bypass valve before the intake manifold for safest and best results. I made one designed for Methanol, highly corrosive. The system cost me about $400 to put together but it works awesome.

If I did water injection though, what stops it from condensing in the intercooler as it passes through the inside of it?

Back