Weird noise when accelerating

MysticGohan51

ok guys when i get to about 55mph is when i here it best.......when i step on the gas my rear left tire(at least thats where i think its coming from) makes a weird buzzing noise.....as soon as i go off the gas it goes away...but sure enough if i step on the gas again it goes on./and i can be coating at 60 and it won't buzz....it only happens when i step on the gas....saying it buzzes is the best way to describe it....does anyone have anyidea what the problem is..? thanks for your time in advance...

Don

If it is an older SC the exhaust snakes around to the Left Rear. Might start up and feel around for any leaks. Maybe something touching the heat shields, or they are loose.

hey man thanks.....that relieved me of it being something worse.....about a week ago there was this terrible driveway and my exhaust nailed it....its an 89...that must be the problem....thanks again....now i can breathe easier....

probably the heat shields

i was underneath it doing a oil change on a lift and my heat shields were litterally hanging so i just pulled them off

Personaly I would not just leave the heat shields off. They protect gas tank and some of floor board. Ever have a car catch fire from exhaust leak? I have on a Ford station wagon.

Back