Before You Take on that Water Pump Project....

carlislesc

Hey all,

My 90 SC with 70K was slowly leaking coolant from the bottom weep hole of the water pump. I'm planning on redoing the garage floors due to hot tire pickup and that wasn't going to cut it. Anyway, I outsourced this job to my Ford dealer for a cool $300. They put a $90 pump on, but had a few surprises. The one that would have made me drop a big one if I did the job was that they had to rethread for the P/S pump. Also, one or both of the IC tubes had to be removed and resealed. I'm thinkin it was just the top one. Probabaly need a reseal kit handy if ya take this one on. Hope you guys like PA and the Carlisle/Hershey car shows.

I had the same problem the coolant had seeped into the studs coming from the block for the timing chain cover and do to rust and corrosion I had to raise the cover with a pry bar and cut the studs to get the casing off. what a hassle. I was told it the best thing to do was replace the studs and get a new timing chain cover because it is made out of cheap pot mettle that will bust and crack easy.

Back