Quick ?? about blocker rings.......

fastsc92

Ok I was told by my Ford parts guy that the blocker ring for gears 1-4 were the same. This seems right. He also told me that 5th and reverse are the same. I ordered them online after months of searching and 3 weeks later i get them. The 5th and reverse gears that I have both have fiber liners in them. My original parts, only 5th had a liner and reverse didn't. I think he gave me the wrong info for these parts. I seems that reverse isn't the same part number as the 5th ring. What should I do? I have brand new 1-4 rings and two 5th gear rings...and now no reverse. Can i use the 5th gear ring for reverse also?. My reverse gear and the clutch hub teeth were worn out on the reverse side. I found brand new gears and a hub, but now i have this problem with the blocker ring. What should I do? SHould I just use the old ring on the new gear? The ring looks fine and it has a good gap between the ring and the gear( 1/16th"). Help me out here asap. I've been waiting for parts for this thing for about 2 months and now i have them all..to find out i was told order the wrong one. ahhh!!!!!

Here the Ford part numbers I have:

Fiber 89-95
1st – 4th E9SZ-7107-A
5th E9SZ-7107-B (Also have seen E9TZ-7107-B)
Reverse E8TZ-7107-E

Brass 89-95
1st – 4th F1TZ-7107-G

I believe you are correct on the reverse being all brass, no fiber. I have a few of these at the house and will try to re-verify these numbers tonight when I am home.

Maybe Fast Ed N is watching and can give us the scoop as well!

well now i'm stuck with two 5th gear rings. I've waited so long for parts and need to get the car back together. Does anyone have a brand new reverse ring that they would sell or trade ASAP? Like next day shipping? If not i'll use my old one. 2nd gear was grinding and I got a good price on all six rings for $140 shipped so i was going to replace them all. Does anyone know the specs on the gap that is suposed to be between the ring and the gear? Like I said....the reverse blocker looks mint, the teeth havent been touched on the ring and the gap is about 1/16".

You got them from Ford?

Did you buy your rings from a Ford dealer? I need a set too but don't know where to turn to order them.

I recently got all-brass rings (F150 style) but decided not to use them so I really only need the fiber-lined rings. Do you know if they can be ordered individually?

Back