Auto Meter Boost gague Install

BlownMerc

I just need to know where to tap into. I know it needs to be somewhere before the manifold to read properly. I was thinking about the little by-pass hose that's behind the by-pass valve.

If anyone knows where to install the line please let me know. If you have any pics please post them.

Thanks,
Brad

Use the existing Boost gauge vaccuum hose. It comes out of the back-side of the lower inlet plenum (after the i/c). It is in the shape of an elbow, and is a 1/8 inch soft plastic hose. Also, depending on where you are mounting it (i put mine next to the gauge cluster on the right) you can use the stock vaccuum hose, like i did, works great. if not, i believe auto-zone sells T's that you can use, to splice into the stock boost vaccuum hose with. but whatever you do, don't pull the hose off of the back of the cluster, it's a PITA to get it back on. I belive the instructions tell you that if you have a factory boost gauge, to T into the stock hose. I don't remember though. if you're doing it in the A pillar, that's your only way to go. Use the small tubing provided with your gauge, and have a blast.

Back