need some serious help with the ABS system

devilboy

I went to start my car about 2 weeks ago and the ABS pump motor keep running. A friend that works for Mineke suggested the relay. I check it and found out that is was bad. I replaced it with an aftermarket relay. After driving it for about 4 days the relay went again. I stoped down at my local Ford garage and asked the one mechanic about it and he said to try a Ford relay and see if that helps. I did replace it but I also checked the rest of the system to try and find a short. I was just wondering if anybody else ever had this problem in the past and what you did to fix the problem? Since I replaced the relay I have not driven the car.

Once your accumulator goes bad then your ABS pump will try to constantly run a build up pressure.

This may not be your problem but its a good palce to start. Search the forums for Accumulator.

Prior Reman. can sell you an accumulator for $100.

Its the part on the bottom of the ABS unit that looks like a bulb for a turkey baster.

the ABS pump motor keep running
This statement is very confusing. In order to give you an accurate diagnosis of a very complex system, a well thought out and accurate statement is necessary.

How long did the motor keep running?
Aside from the pump running, what problems were you experiencing?
How did you determine the relay was bad?
What tests has anyone run on the system?
How did you "check for shorts", and why did you suspect a short would exist?

I used a Ford Service manual to check and find out that the relay was bad. The pump will run as long as you leave the kay in the igntion, and the only reason I was figuring there was short in the ABS system is cause the relays keep going bad. My freind from mieneke let me borrow his scan tool recently. It brought a code 21 "main valve fault". What ever that means I am not sure of yet.

Back