Will Borg-Warner T5 tranny parts fit the M5R2?

SilverCoupe

Just wondering, because I've got a Mcleod dual-friction clutch, plate, and flywheel for a T5 lying around. My SC is going to need a clutch soon (113k miles) and it would save me some money to use those. But can you put them in a M5R2? Our motors are pretty much a 3.8 Mustang motor with a blower on them, so wouldn't the output shaft match up to a T5 tranny as well? Or is the M5R2 a completely different design? :cool:

Thanks!

10.5" vs 11"

The Mustang clutch is 10.5 inches, the SC clutch is 11".
Those are the differences but I'm not sure whether or not they are interchangeable.

Perhaps there is a difference in the flywheel? If that is the case, you might also need to get a Mustang flywheel.

Midwest Mustang is a salvage yard that sells V6 Mustang stuff for pretty cheap. I got my Mustang flywheel from one of their Ebay auctions for $25 + shipping.

Isn't the SC flywheel a "zero-balance" unit while the t-5 is not :confused:. I suppose you could just take it to a shop and have it zero'd out.

also the ring gear offset and teeth count has to be the same, sounds like a hassle, plus machining out the 50oz imbalance. Also might need another starter

Back