Bumblin Stumblin T-bird

fastasu

HI FABULOUS THUNDERBIRDS,

I REPLACED THE CAM SENSOR AND IT APPEARS TO HAVE WORK. HENCE THE GIANT THANK YOU....BUT HOLD ON.......NOW THE TACH GOES LIMP WHEN I HAMMER THE THROTTLE THEN SUDDENLY COMES BACK ON. IT'S LIKE SOMEONE TURNS THE CAR OFF MOMEMTARILY MIDWAY THROUGH ACCELERATION, THEN TURNS IT BACK ON. STAY OFF THE GAS, CRUISE AND IT RUNS GREAT BUT SOON AS YOU GET TO HARD INTO THE GAS IT DOES THE STUMBLE, TACH DIES AND COMES BACK ON THINGY. MAN, THIS THING IS LIKE A LEAKY OLD HARLEY.

What kind of sparkplugs do you have in the bird? These cars are very particular in that department. Anything less than Motorcraft or AutoLite Double Platinum (particularly Bosch) will cause stumbling under load.

It might be a good idea to see if there are any fault codes stored in the computer. Probably won't show in the "active codes", but there should be some in the stored memory.

Neww plugs and wires

Fast..
I had same problem, as soon as you nail it - about 3/4 throttle or more? Mine started as a slight occasional miss, but it became much worse. I bought as set of the SCP Magnecor's and new spark plugs and it wiped that prob right out. They were a pain to replace, but worth it. I think they were stock wires and who knows how old plugs were @ 110,000 miles. Now fighting broken balancer....arghhh

Back