Oil leaking out of dipstick tube

SCYALTR

Hello boyz,
What would cause oil to leak out of the dipstick tube?
Any info would be helpful.
Thanks,
D Rainer

Hey Aaron

Hey Man,
Thanks for the response.
The oil is coming out of the top of the tube.
Thanks,
D Rainer

Hey what's up? First and cheapest is the PCV's, clogged would cause you to pressurize crankcase and force oil out dipstick. Next and you don't want to hear this but could be getting blow by, compression rings are going and causing the crankcase to be pressurized, which mean rebuild soon. If it only a little I would bet it is just the PCV's. When I blew my motor, broke two ring lands mid track and blew oil out dipstick, all over engine and down track. What a mess.

even better

you dip stick believe it or not has a gasket....YES A GASKET

go to ford and order it it's about 18 bucks....the same thing happened to be after rebuilding the engine got a new dip stick assembly for the engine block and did dawn on my that a dipstick had a worn gasket...

driving the car engine smoking thought i was (*&( but i look and the oil is coming out ofthe dip stick whoa i freaked turned out that the old gasket on it was worn...

remember the car is under so much pressure that it will leak at the weakest points

Hey Thanks

Hey Boyz,
Thanks for the info.
I'll have to check both areas.
I am hoping it is not time for a rebuild just yet.
Thanks,
D Rainer

PCV Hose

If you have a leak in the PCV hose, or it's disconnected behind the blower, you'll blow oil out of the dipstick.

P. Diddys SC was blowin' oil out the dipstick. Found the PCV hose disconnected behind the blower. Plugged it back in, & problem was gone.

It's always best to try the cheap fixes first.

68COUGAR

Back