scared/confused (long)

turbospeed

scared/confused,

well last time i used my car ( 1 month ago) it started vibrating/losing even more power ( i already have a non solved low end power problem) so i soped it thinking of balancer , well i stated it this morning ,a and cranked real slow ; i went for my other car battery and did the same but this time stated normal idle but the vibration stills there , so i let it run for a few minutes ,a and start to see the water reserve is bubbling :( i think hg's i check the oil and everything is normal i let it warm up for a a few minutes and take it for a spin , let it warm up, as always off boost power is normal , eveyrhing seems rigth , decide it to floor it and still no power , at first felt like power was back but , a second later was again like a n/a 3. + about 20hp.

any ideas? hg's? if so why my oil is clean? im going to take it to the shop until about 1 week when i get my balancer,

in case i have hg issues should i replace them put the blancer in and hope for the best , or find a new engine that has good hg's replace the hg's before they go and put the blancer there , in any case my budget is 600 bucks ( a hg replacement down here in mexico is 350 bucks ) + head stud or bolts

hmm..

Air in your resevior usually is blow buy from air being pushed back through your heads (through the blown HG, into your cooling system). That could explain your loss of power also. Just because you blew your HG's doesnt' mean it goes into your oil. My oil was fine, so was my coolant. My only main symptom was the bubbling in the resevior and no heat.

Also, if you have to keep adding coolant, and its not leaking, then its definitely your HG's.

so aslong as it doenst get into the oil my bearings should be fine rigth? or should i start seeing a 2k+ engine rebuild?

btw they quoted me 350dlls for hg's should i just replace them ?

if so.......

350 is a excellent deal.make sure they know its a supercharged tbird though alot of places will quote them as n/a's if you dont tell them so.also be sure to use high performance hg's and also make sure that includes having your heads pressure tested and checked for warpage.

NO NO NO, daniel, it's not your HG's. mine bubble's too, i remember a post a while back about someone thinking the same thing. IT'S NOT YOUR HG's

Get a cooling system pressure check. they can also put a chemical in your coolant that they can test for on plugs and exhaust to see if coolant is getting out. don't just throw $350 away unless it is a real problem.

Bubbles could just be air in the system bleeding back or an intake gasket problem.

My first thought on reading your description is plugged exhaust.

i feel better , still im gonna get it looked at ,

BTW plugged exhaust? i have no cats and stock mufflers and resonator; can the resonator get plugged?

yeah the fan works, and after reading thru some post i think i found the some of the cuases of my lower power , one is my blower is leaking sc fluid , so the friction/heat must rob some power , besides that my motor mounts are shot and after 1100 rpm the motor vibrates a lot , so the knock sensor must be pulling timing ,

btw if the hg how much does it cost to replace the bearings? or i have to rebuild the whole bottom end? thanks

Back