Head Gaskets

denvertbird89

How good are the head gaskets in 90' on the SC's, i'm looking into buying a 90 Sc 5speed right now w/ 88k...about how long do ya'll estimate they usually last? I know that on the base models the go around 90k-110k...i would asume that they go faster being that it's supercharged...if anyone has any info, please e-mail me.

Denvertbird89@yahoo.com

Chad K.

I work at a Ford Dealership so getting the Headgasket's replace'd wont be expensive...i just want to know if i should worry about it.

Thanks again.

my motor was torn down for rebuild around 90,000mi. the head gaskets never truley blew out as in burning antifreeze or oil or a huge compression loss--but on 2 of the cylinders the metal fire ring part of the gasket was about 60% gone! it looked to just have corroded away
any way g/l with ur purchase

both mine went under 100k

my90 went at 95k and my 91 at 99k.its easier to just do them before they go.plus its perfect time to do all the head and exhaust work.

Those Damn Head Gaskets!!!

My head gaskets went at 93,5XX Miles.
only mods that i had were 5% od and flowmaster exhaust.

i got the car at 86,000 Miles and ran beutifully until the hg's went, But i belive that the previous owner helped the HG's along because i dont think the car was well maintained at all.:mad:

see if you can get the maint. history of the car. the gaskets may have already been changed. if the car has been well maintained, then it should be good to go.

Andrew:cool:

Last edited:
Back