My list of very big problems! HELP!

FlyingLow90

alright i just got my car back from having a new fuel pump put in it after just buying it and driving 15 miles. as soon as i start driving away from my dealers shop(the dealer paid for everything) i start to notice a kind of rattle and a thump. he said before we left he had to take exhaust off so i was like great its loose. no big deal though. so i thought. well im driving around the night enjoying my new car and thumping just gets louder. its right underneat my console like where my flowmaster is. mind you this my speedo keeps sticking for some reason dont know why. but my dealer said its got a rebuilt tranny so i thought something may not be conected well from the rebuilt. well it downshifts weird sometimes and in drive before it goes into overdrive when im on it hard a shift up light comes on and it in the OD position well it starts smoking all of the sudden. like the whole car fills up with smoke and its trailing out the back end so i pull over with my friend and we look under the hood i see some coolant that got splashed out. so i think oh it was just coolant so i go home. well i wake up this morning to leave and tranny starts slipping in reverse and when i have it in 1st and go to take of from a dead stop. its fine in drive. well i go get some fluid cause all of the sudden it a little low. does fine all day. well i fill up gas and drive about twenty miles on the freeway , same speed as when it happened last night it starts smokin really bad so i pull over and with that car still running i look underneath and my tranny is spitting out fluid like a faucet. someone help my car is stranded and i dont know what caused this or what it is.

heres a quick list of whats wrong with my car so far
-speedo sticks
-seat belt and door malfunctions and have minds of their own.
-that rattling noise/thumping noise from underneath is getting worse
-oh and power steering has a mind of its own since i accidentally ripped off the PS cooler and bypast it with a rubber hose. sometimes it stiffens up then gets really loose all of the sudden, like to make me wreck.

i opologize for it being so long but someone help please.

someone please help my car is stuck in an empty parking lot and i dont know what to do about the tranny. you guys think the thumping is from the trans

Well, your first problem is with your tranny. If you get tranny fluid all over your exhaust watch out. ATF WILL catch on fire and your car will be toast, find where it is coming from. It may just be overfilled which can cause all sorts of wierd problems with it and eventually destroy it. Remember to warm it up and check it while it is running. If it is too full, empty some and your problems will probably go away if you didn't damage anything.

its almost empty now because whenever i start it it pours out like a faucet when its running in 1 minuite it is easily a 2 foot puddle. when its off it is just a constant drip.

get underneath

and look ....see where fluid is leaking from..many ways to look at this ....loose or broken line to cooler ..from loose or broken tranny mount ( the thump maybe)...pan gasket ...or over heating and boiling fluid out the vent.. in the transmission......ok.. ..coolant and tranny problems have one link...thats the rad..over heating (cooling problems)..and a good hwy drive will boil the tranny fluid ..I've been there ...and or will over heat the rad and boil the coolant ...the tranny coolers are crap in our cars..even the rad is weak ...next is fan hi and low speeds ... if low speed is failing it will over heat.. both cooling and tranny systems ... there's a few things ...to look for ....dave

I wouldn't drive it like that.

The thumping/rattling, fluid/smoke and speedo may ALL be the tranny. Get that looked at first.

The PS is a safety issue and also needs to be repaired quickly.

The door/seatbelt though irritating, is a not uncommon problem and you can probably get help here with that one.

Good luck, and stay safe.

Lee

Whatever it is, you don't want to drive it like that or worse damage could occur.

Personally I'd be checking the yoke, u-joints, and driveshaft. An out of balance driveshaft or bad u-joint could vibrate sufficiently to fail the seal on the rear of the transmission.

But if you didn't feel any vibration then it's likely an issue with the output shaft on the transmission.

Back