Speedo Head replacement.

Wicked SC

Since the speedo on my '95 SC stopped working, I'll be replacing it pretty soon (a quick thanks to Five-Star Ford for the help and discount on the new speedometer I bought from them). Anyways, my question is simple: since the new speedo reads 1 mile, is there an easy (and quick) way to wind it up to show the actual mileage on the car (60K+) before installation??
Thanks!

Where..

Where did you get the replacement head? Is it the stock or aftermarket? Also is it the 120 or 140mph head?
I might have to replace mine also. Still looking into it.

I got mine from Five Star Ford in Scottsdale, Arizona. Obviously, it was the stock Motorcraft replacement. List price was something like $220, but they give discount to members of this club (SCCoA), so they let me have it for $160. And it was the 145 MPH version. If you don't want to pay that much, keep an eye out on e-Bay. They'll pop out there once in a while (I saw a used whole speedo head go for $20 once). Personally, I went for a new one.

Wicked SC said:
Since the speedo on my '95 SC stopped working, I'll be replacing it pretty soon (a quick thanks to Five-Star Ford for the help and discount on the new speedometer I bought from them). Anyways, my question is simple: since the new speedo reads 1 mile, is there an easy (and quick) way to wind it up to show the actual mileage on the car (60K+) before installation??
Thanks!

Hey Wicked SC

Do you still have that 145 Speedo that does not work?.. I think the club is in need of that badly.. I have a whole cluster I can arrange to send out for any period of time.. .

Thing is.. they can't promise me that after makeing the guage faces that my speedo will work... so if we can get a dead one sent in.. that may work... as they only need it for a template...

Would you be willing to let that broke one go?

Need to know ASAP

E-Mail me at : kvan@charter.net

Back