cruise night

PETEp

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
June 28-October 11, Wallingford. Cruise Nights 2003, Presented By The F.O.R.D. Car Club, Wal-Mart On Route 5, Exit 66 Off Route 15, Every 2nd And 4th Saturday Of The Month Through October 11th, With A Rain Date Of The Following Saturday, DJ, 50/50 Raffle And More, 5:30-9PM, With No Cut Off, Sorry No Motorcycles Allowed, Info: F.O.R.D. Car Club, 19 Pequot Road, Wallingford, CT, 06492, (203) 265-6945F.O.R.D. Car Club of Wallingford, CT
FORDCarClubofWallingfordCT@groups.msn.com Groups Home | My Groups | Language | Help

What's New

Join Now

Cruise Schedule 2003 UPDATED!!!
Club Calendar
Message Board
Pictures
Chat
Documents
Links
Meet the Club Members
1st Cruise - 05/11
2nd Cruise - 05/25
3rd Cruise - 06/08
4th Cruise - 06/22
5th Cruise - 07/13
Remember When
Potluck

F.O.R.D. Car Club of Wallingford, CT
FORDCarClubofWallingfordCT@groups.msn.com

Tools

I'm really hoping I can get to one of these things this year. I'm supposed to have my motor back this week ( I know your saying "yea sure I've heard that before") and hopefully I can get alot of work done over the holiday.

See you soon and I hope all is well.

RE cruse night

It will be great when you get your car going again. The Wal=Mart cruise is a lot of fun super nice people. Even the Wallingford cops come sometimes just to hang around. There is about 150-200 cares some nights but only one SC, you will see some of the best cars in CT. I hope all is good at your house and we will see you soon Pete

Well here we are a week later a guess what, Yup No Motor. The dood is telling me any day but I'm not holding my breath.

Engine

SCrazy,
Just try not to get taken to the cleaners like I did for engine costs. Mine cost me a grand total of $5711.34 and should have, according to some of the guys I talked to from NJTACC at Carlisle, not cost more than $3000 including the engine. I had a complete longblock put in. I hope yours works out better than mine.

Well........Originally I was quoted about $5,000.00 for the long block. Then I decided to go with with the Stegemeier Heads so that was $2,500.00 but of course I didn't get an equal credit off of the original quote but the total looks to be about $6,250.00.

But I'm looking for a nice pain and suffering discount from this guy. He has had my motor for 19 MONTHS. When I brought the motor to him I knew the job was a secondary type job for him since his primary business is top fuel motors but he originally quoted me 5 months and that was extended by maybe 8 weeks due to the Steg heads but that still makes things over a year late.

At this point I just want my motor back I'm beyond my wits ends, I actually have nightmares about about stepping on it the first time and pushing a rod out through the block.

It's amazing how much this crap cost I could of bought a crate Cobra motor for a whole lot less.

Engine

I hear ya. Just keep saying, "I LOVE MY CAR". This was the second engine for me and the third for the car. I bought the car with 5,000mi on the 2nd engine. At ~34,000 the crank snapped at the first journal. I didn't have any extra so I just put a stock long block in. That's why I would complain about my price. Am I correct in assuming you're putting in a somewhat built up engine? If so 5 to 6,000 sounds about right. A stage 2 Coy Miller goes for around 7,500 plus install. I got my engine from C.R.E.B.B. (formerly Custom Race Engines By Bob) for $1,926 including delivery. The rest was all labor at Webber Engineering. They do good work, but he averages 50% over quoted budget.

Good luck and Happy Hunting!

Back