lowering

shawn

im going to be lowering my car 1.5 all round and i still have stock size tire will i have any problems with them hitting my wheel well or not turning properly anything i was just wondering if maybe i should wait untill i can afford the tires first but i really want to lower my car

Use the "Search" button.

Thare are a lot of strings on this subject - "tire size" "lowering springs"

shawn, my car is pretty low, with cut springs, and when I bought the car, the guy had stock rubber on them, and it was not an issue. I now have 50's on the car and it looks dope.

Maybe one of these weekens I will come out to port kells and u can see my car, unless u come o the country show n shine next month

Attachments

• dcp_0121.jpg
    dcp_0121.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 199
Cutting spings...

How hard is it to cut the springs and approx how much does it lower the ride height? Your car looks very good. How does it affect the ride quality on firm and normal ride? Is it really bouncy?

thanks

Phil

The ride sucks. Linear rate springs do not take to cutting well at all. I know from experience with my first SC. Spend the money and get the ST's or Eibach's.

Does anyone have any pictures...

Of there cars with the lowering springs? I have heard that the ST's are good for a very slight nose-down look because they don't lower the back as much as they do the front. Also, the Eibach's are really good, but sag in the back because they lower both ends the same amount. Is there any truth to this?

Thanks

Phil

I've got the Eibach's.

They're progressive, so the 1st 1/2" of travel feels like stock and after that they stiffen up. Makes for good cruising and excellent handling.

If installed properly, there shouldn't be any "sagging".

Check out mine on the Member Page.

<

Lee

I agree with the above statements, don't cut your springs. I never would have cut mine, the car was like that when i bought it, so I have kept it the same, as well as lack of funds. The ride in my car isn;t too bad, its pretty bouncy htough, hence why i ride in firm ride all the time, unless there are lots of bumps in the road i switch it. You feel a lot of the bumps, and it can get really annoying sometimes.

And thx for the compliment on my car

Anybody sell a kit with about a 2"-2.25" drop in front, and a 1 3/4"-2" drop in the rear?

Last edited:
Back