Engine Temp

hytorksc

Conditions-
I have a 180 degree thermostat, with all new hoses, water pump, new radiator running 50/50 mixture coolant, and a hot wired aftermarket cooling fan (1,300 cfm) which is on all the time. Outside air temperature is about mid 90's. Cooling system is now pretty tight- no leaks.

Question-
About what temperature in degrees is the engine coolant when the temp gauge needle is between the "N" and the "O"? Is this where it should be or is the engine too hot?

Anyone???

Question-

About what temperature in degrees is the engine coolant when the temp gauge needle is between the "N" and the "O"? Is this where it should be or is the engine too hot?

With my low speed wired to be on all the time my guage never gets to the O in NORM. Though temps locally haven't gone beyond 95 yet this summer.

The temp when the needle is between the "N" and the "O" varies from car to car. When my car overheated the needle was only up to "O", even though the coolant was bubbling out of the reservoir. The only way to be accurate is to use an aftermarket gauge.

-Rod

Back