not a good weekend....

supercharged95

my trans has been slipping badly since nov. when i put her away so i decided to change the fluid/filter. got the pan dropped and discovered there wasn't even 4 qts of fluid in there:eek: so we cleaned that up and added 7qts of fluid. took the bird out around town, got her warmed up then added another qt. car shifted just fine( i was taking it easy) i then take her out and get it up to highway speed, then slow down and do some semi-hard accelerating. the first time shifted perfectly but the second time it didn't want to go into second( revved HIGH) and hasn't went into second since:mad: oh well, i need an excuse to rebuild that anyways. on to the next issue....
i knew the sc fluid needed changing but i wasn't sure just how bad. so i rigged up a horse syringe and a small clear hose and started sucking it out. i figured the brown/ nasty smelling stuff coming out was the normal characteristic of sc fluid. boy was i wrong. the fluid we put in (gm fluid) was clear and not so potent smelling. maybe now my sc wont whine so loud.
anyways i just needed to vent and now i will be sc-less for a while, but i will probably be selling my mustang soon so i can dive head-first into my sc project.

I hear ya dude. I knew mine was slipping too. I just decided to take it to the track last night to finish it off. And that is exactly what happened.

Good luck dude. I haven't figured out what I plan on doing yet for the next one. But I'm hoping it is good.

Anthony

thanks man-
i'm waiting until i get a job that pays real money, then i'll purchase a lentech street dominator. imo lentech is the best trans company out there. friend(pushing 650hp in his mustang) has a strip terminator and he swears by it. he sends it in every year to have it freshened up+ it comes with a warranty.

Back