questions???

superweasel

I have some small questions if you guys can help. first, how hard is the swap to a t-5 out of a mustang into a sc. second, i cannot get the codes to read out of the car,m I even went and bought a tester for the car thinking that the meter I was useing was bad but it still gives the same thing.Useing the analog meter all I got was when the peg was supposed to sweep it peged out and stayed there. anyone else have this prob. please set me on the right track. car runns good but seems to go from to rich too to lean, could this be the maf sensor( its cracked on the top). car is stock89 with duals and flowmasters runs semi good with the probs above and bosch super plats, and belden wires. any help is appreciated and suggestions used thank you.

First, Bosch plats are junk. They are notrious for cuasing problems in SC's. Get your self some Motorcraft PP's. Second, the T-5 will bolt up, but the shifter will be in your dash. You would have to modify the shift linkage.

Thomas

is there a recomended way to do this or is it a hit and miss sort of deal. are there any custom parts that i need to know about. also any ideas on the computer part as this s the most troubleing to me at the moment. I am just shot of having the car put on a diagnostic machine to run the entire wiring harness and all to find the prob. but dont want to spend the money if it is an easy fix that I can do myself. thanks

Problems,

As far as the computer goes, sounds like you are testing the wrong wires. If you look at the EEC test plug, all you need to do to run the code test is take a paperclip and stick one end in the upper far right slot, then put the other end in the loos single wire that is separate. This will initate the EEC test when the ignition is turned on, or if the car is running, it will perform the KOER test.

Oh, and about the T-5 swap, it will fit, but the shifter turret must be modified to be place in the correct location, otherwise, the shifter would be hitting the dash. Also, I think the T-5 is shorter than the SC 5-speed, and may require crossmember modification, as well as a new driveshaft.

I would not waste your time and money on the T-5, they are a POS transmission at best. Cost versus effectiveness is just very poor.

Hope this helps!!

Phil

Last edited:
thanks for the tip on the testing prob. I will try that and see how it works out. As for the tranny what would you suggest as a replacement for the original. I dont want to be working on this car as the original tranny is known for throwing the syncros. unless the upgrade to the trannies are that good. what do you guys suggest , trying to get the car on the road so all suggestions welcomed.

Back