Consistency

XR7Kurt

Can these cars run consistent enough to do well in bracket racing? I know there's a guy on the main board that is in the lead for the season at his track, but is he a rare exception? I have always heard that boosted cars were harder to run consistent because of the effects of air temperature change.

Kurt

Yes, and you'll notice Ted Lyon's car (the guy you're referring to) has a v8 in it too, not the SC'ed 3.8.

I think it can be done, but it's so much cheaper and easier with other kinds of cars that not many bother trying with the SC.

When you say other cars are easier and cheaper, do you mean to run fast or to be a good consistent bracket car? My goal is to eventually get in the 13's, but I know that is a long way off. For now I just want to start racing and winning again.

Kurt

I think once you set the SC up towards bracket racing , it can be consistent enough to be respectable, but it's size and weight just require more effort and $$$ than say, a Miata or Vette or Porsche, but that's a given. Ted Lyons could probably tell you some things to look into since he's "the man" when it comes to this regard.

One thing is certain; when people see a Thunderbird kicking butt on supposedly faster cars on road courses, they remember it. I know Ted's results over the years have gotten my attention and respect.

Go for it.

Back