what to do to make mark 8 lower cont arms fit?

Charkly

What modifications are needed to make the lower rear aluminum control arms for a mark 8 fit our cars, and what would it take to make the differential fit-I just bought another cast iron with 3:27's, so i may not go that route, but let me know anyway-also, if anyone wants it and i decide not to use it, i can get one fro the local salvage yard with 3:07s i believe-axle code 7?

The control arms fit. You just need to fab a spring perch as the Mark had airbags and not springs.

The diff is a bolt in. Not gonna be limited slip though so you will need to swap carriers.

Just as XR7 Dave said, the parts bolt right in. If you don't make a lower spring perch for the control arms, the car will sit lower than stock in the rear. Here are some pics from my swap:

Mark8IRSswap6.jpg
Mark8IRSswap4.jpg
Mark8IRSswap3.jpg
Mark8IRSswap2.jpg

-Rod

more questions

Ok-so if i swap the carrer in the differential, do i need to re-shim it, or ust ue the shims that came in the cast iron differential? If Ill need to reshim to hell with it-thats why i got an entire differential. What about the abs sensors for the t-bird-do they bolt to the mark 8 housing? As for the control arms, how much lower will the car be without the spring holders, and are they necessary-ive already got the eibach kit in the car, with wicked wicked wicked low tires-lowering some more would be ok-but what to do for the front to make it even? And is it worth it to swap these parts, or not?

The ABS sensors will bolt right up to the Mark 8 centersection. I'm not sure exactly how much lower it will lower the rear of your car. I swapped in taller springs when I installed them, and they basically cancelled each other out. You don't have to have spring perches made, but you may want to so that your car doesn't sit lower in the rear.

-Rod

springs

So in theory I can take out my eibachs in the back and use the stock springs to keep it level? Im not so sure that i want to ditch the eibachs though-arentthe stocjk springs softer and id lose some of my handling ability? thanks again. Mike.

Back