Plugs and Wires problem

ilusnforc

I took the 8 hour job of changing plugs and wires today... all parts from SCP, i got the Autolite APP2544 plugs and gapped them at 0.050", and i got the Magnacore 8.5mm wires, locally i bought all 3 belts (gatorback). The wires were not properly labeled or looked at carefully when removing so i lost track of which wire went where. I saw on MN12 Performance http://www.mn12performance.com/mn12how-to/sparkplugs/sparkplugs.htm
they have a picture that doesnt completely load, and there are 2 other vague pictures that dont help too much, but i tried going by that and also a picture from a manual that looks exactly like the attached image...
well i specifically remember pulling the wire from plug in cylinder #4 from slot #3 on the coil pack... so i know something isnt right, and im guessing the pictures could be wrong?? but my car can start but when it finally does it sputters.. misses like crazy and backfires, btw its a '95 5-speed SC. I suppose i could have a loose wire or misplaced wire.. but its too late and im too tired. I need to get some sleep, go to class in the morning, then spend the rest of the day figuring out whats wrong. Can anyone verify the wiring diagrams or have any other ideas?? Thanks

Last edited:
Double check the wires on the coil. I think you have the numbers wrong on that one. Ya, bottom row is 5 - 6 - 4

Last edited:
yes.. it took me that long.. i also did my belts so that added to it.. but it was my first time ever doing plugs so it wasnt easy.

The 35th registry page looks like it will be very helpful, i will go try to hook it up that way and see what happens. Also, can you contact whoever modifies those pages and ask them to add in, "Before attempting to change the spark plugs, disconnect your battery...". while trying to get the new spark plug into cylinder #2 from underneath, i dropped the spark plug and the spark plug socket and they landed between the pass side header and the starter and man did i see a fireworks show... scared the hell out of me. it almost welded my socket onto my header too... not cool.

well that did the trick... it fired right up with no problem at all... i drove it around the block and man did it pull hard!! i stopped to get some gas.. then as i was driving away it started missing, so i guess after it got warmed up and after a little driving one of the wires got loose enough for it to miss because it may not be on all the way... I have to double check all the connections to the plugs and hopefully i will find one loose. Thanks for all the help, i appreciate it.

Back