Cold Air Intake.....

MysticGohan51

ok guys im ready to install my densecharger cold air intake that i bought off ebay....i tried once before to install it and i failed....so if anyone has the densecharer for the 89 SC and they installed it i really need to know how because i know i won't be able to succeed without some help from fine people such as yourselves.....hope to hear from you guys soon....Thanks for your time....

Don

What is the problem?

I have the Densecharger on my '92 SC. Where are you running into trouble with the install?

First things first...

Have you removed the "air silencer" from behind the front cover of the passenger side wheel well? That is the first step. (There are instructions for this somewhere on this site) You will need to remove the stock airbox. To do this you need to disconnect the MAF from the airbox. Under the airbox is the opening to the space in front of the wheelwell. Basically, install the flat cover plate that came with the kit where the old airbox was (using the new bolts) and slip one of the 45* elbows through the opening in the plate so that it is positioned in the space behind the wheelwell cover. You can go ahead and put the filter on now if you want. Attach the MAF to the upper 45* with the "connecting sleeve" provided with the kit, then attach the upper elbow to the lower elbow. Adjust the position of the two elbows so that the maf will line up with the intake tube (that leads to the throttlebody) and so that the lower elbow (and filter) have clearance for airflow. Secure the to elbows together with the selftapping screws (provided). You may need a "snubby" screwdriver for this. Now just tighten any hose clamps on the MAF and button up the wheelwell cover. The connection between the Densecharger, MAF and Intake hose is tight, so you may need to fiddle with it a little. It also helps to have someone helping while you are securing the mounting plate bolts (one person from the top, one putting on the nuts underneath)

I am giving these instructions from memory (its been a while since I did this and I am getting older) so there may be some variation to what is detailed here, but this should be fairly close....

Let me know if you have specific questions about the install...

Back