Oil into the intake???

Wantess

Ok guys i'm kinda new to all this but bear with me... Last week when i did my valve cover gaskets/new radiator install i noticed how on the drivers side valve cover there is the oil return line that goes back into the intake near the MAF, and the return on the passenger sider that goes back into the upper intake. My question is how can i get rid of that system? From my understanding that is the PCV system but honestly i dont know where the PCV valve is on my car. I understand that throwing oil back into the air intake is a bad thing(from what i was told). Can i just throw a breather on the both of them and put a cap on the upper part? Is there really any "meaning" as far as it having to go back into the vacum/intake system to make the car run right. I already have ideas to run a catch can on both sides if that would be the way to go. If anybody would share their ideas with me that would be great. Thanks in advance. PS 92SC

Don't do it

Its a closed system and all of the air is measured and metered by the MAF and computer. Bottom line, your car will not run right, just like not having an oil cap on.

I know what you are saying but i dont get how it works. Actually how much oil comes from the drivers side valve cover and goes back into the air intake? Or the pass side for that matter. I suppose that is where the oil deposits come from when i take the upper and lower IC tubes off. Does that really control how my car will run? I can kind of understad the pass side valve cover since it goes back into the intake and inturn adds into the central vacum but i was at least hoping that the drivers side was a bu****** thing from Ford for emissions. I dunno, i might be ignorant to it but i still really see no sense to it. If anyone can enlighten me more that would be great. Honestly the only thing i gained from the Chiltons book was how to remove the wiper blades. Thanks again.

WHAT TO DO

YOU CAN ADD A FUEL FILTER BETWEEN THE HOSES ............IT WILL CATCH THE OIL...................BUT FORM TIME TO TIME YOU WILL HAVE TO DRAIN IT GET ONE THAT YOU CAN SEE THRU.........AND HAS TOP CONNECTORS..................FAST FREDDDIE......................BTW I LIKE HAVING THE OIL LUBING THE BLOWER AND INTERANL PARTS ................I RUN " ROYAL PURPLE ":D :D :cool: :cool: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Back