EZ T-5 T5 conversion kit install in MN12's!!!!

ReDevilXR7

TALK ABOUT PERFECT TIMING!!

I'm getting a 5.0 '91 XR7 with a bad tranny. I've been thinking long and hard about putting a 5 spd in, but kinda bulked at going through all the trouble just to have that M5R2 in there- want to do road course also. So anyhow while trying to round up people for this MMFF shootout I touched based with Rich at www.MN12Performance.com and...long story short...

OUR PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED!:eek:

He's introducing an extension that bolts on to T5's so we can FINALLY have a factory fit install!!
:D
Should be ready in 2 weeks!!! He has pics posted on his own board dated 6/13

http://www.mn12performance.com/mn12parts/shifterbox/shifter-box-extension.html

If you can't see it, set the preferences on the top of the page to 'past month'. Tell him I sent ya. ;)

Jesse

Last edited:
World Class T-5? Do you think he could make it so it would fit on a Tremec TKO? That'd be interesting. Nice work though.

Well, that solves the shifter turret location, but what about the fact the T-5's were never equipped for the same style of hydraulic clutch as the SC's? Would you have to find some way of retrofitting a cable actuated clutch into your SC? I saw an old article once that detailed how to convert a T-5 for use in an MN12, and it included using the SC slave cylinder, but required a special billet aluminum mounting flange.

This does look encouraging though!

Nice work, Rich!!!

Best regards,

Sean

Last edited:
Not to be stooge...

But what is up with the $400.00 price tag? Kinda steep isn't it? I am sure it is of the best quality, but then again, it is only metal and some machine work! Good job though, might consider it if the price wasn't so lofty!!

Phil

Well no one else make s an `off the Shelf' piece.. and there's a slight demand for them.. So you do the Figuring..

But There is like less then $10cdn in steel and such in them (Sorry i use the SAME material at work so.. then add the machien work on the linkage piece to make it work.. so..

it's All about supply and demand... but for $400 i would say it should include the shifter.. But Rich is a good guy.. i've done Business with him a ways back and never had a BIG problem with him

BUT the thing is... My only concern is This Doesn't, in this pic or any other, to have ALOT of room for a driveshaft or and U-joint...

and the clutch Hydrualics is easy to get around... there's a few companies that make external Slave kits for the T-5..

Also i personally went with the M5R2 for the reason that i looks factory, From inside the car, from underneth ..

Last edited:
You guys must be forgetting about the cost of R & D (it probably didn't fit the first time). If that could be spread out over thousands of pieces, the price surely wouldn't be that much. Anyway, it's like just about everything else for our cars--headers and aluminum radiators are just 2 items for our cars that are way over-priced compared to mainstream car models (ie. Mustangs & Camaros).

Back