Pix and info of trac assist button....

CaifanSC

SCCoA Member
Can anyone post pix of the button and any info on it. Its the one on the info center on late model mn12's. Im looking for info Like if its a momentary switch or sort of a toggle switch etc. I specially want pix of how it looks when its dark and the lights are on...lI hear that the word "on" lights up...but im not for sure. Im trying to use the switch for a 12v accessory or a cool fan switch. GRacias!

Last edited:
Actually when it lights up it says off... I'll get some pics in the AM if someone else doesn't get them for you already..:rolleyes:

RJ

Yes, it does say OFF in orange/yellow letters when activated.

It is also a momentary switch, only making actual electrical contact when the switch is held down. And it is low current, meaning it is only designed to send a signal, not make a connection for a large amount of electricity. Trying to use this switch on a large load will melt the contacts very quickly. Although the button you push is quite large, that actual switch is very small

I doubt it would even support enough current to control a relay. In order to make it work, you would probably need to built a control circuit - where this switch turns on a transistor, which turns on the relay....

Thanx for the replies guys, Kamakazie if you could get that pic from me I'd be great. I guess I can check my EVTM to see what voltage goes through the switch and that would determine if i can use it directly to wire a 12V accessory or if I do indeed need to build a control unit like Andy said.

CaifanSC said:
Thanx for the replies guys, Kamakazie if you could get that pic from me I'd be great. I guess I can check my EVTM to see what voltage goes through the switch and that would determine if i can use it directly to wire a 12V accessory or if I do indeed need to build a control unit like Andy said.

Sorry dude, been slammed all weekend with the "honey do list" crap... She threatened to leave me if I even made a move towards the SC... I must have been spending a little too much time on the car lately... I'll get it for you in the AM at work.. Already put the camera in the car. I'll post it tomorrow morning at work for you...

RJ

Back