Egr??????????

ehonrc51

Well here is the scenario I'am having a problem with my s.c. and was wondering if anybody else has ever had a problem like this.
When I get the car started I have to keep my foot in it to keep it running I can get her up around 2,000 rpm and it will just lope really bad done to 1,000 rpm and it will just sit there and jump around in that range as soon as I take my foot off the gas the car dies. I've noticed that there is alot of carbon coming from the exhaust and a real rich gas smell.Just about every sensor has been replaced recently.I try reading the code scanner and it gives me a code for the air purge solenoid valve I've had it checked and it seems to be working properly. I cant hear any vacuum leaks (not saying there isnt any) but I dont think thats it. If anybody can give any input it would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

i dont think thats ur egr, lots of people have deleted there egr off there car and the only prob u have is the check enigne light is on all the time.

to me it sounds like a vaccum leak and a big one .... lol i remember when my stupid *** fist got and sc and i re sealed the supercharger top with a cork gasket ... when i came around the corner it blew out and it stalled unless i held the rpms up.... so to me it sounds like a vacumm leak... as far as i remember i couldnt hear mine when it happned. it could also maybe be ur plugs n wires.... not too sure tho, somehting to do with ignition.... dis... i doubt its the maf cause u can unplug it and the car will still idle. but u know it could also be clogged injectors that would cause a fuct idle and black smoke...

lol i dont really know tho im just shooting out possible things from the symptoms ur telling me

pull the vacuum line off of the FPR and see if fuel is coming out. It could that the diaphram blew out and now its sucking the fuel right threw the vacuum hose. I have seen this to many times with Kerbin AFPRs.

sounds like vacuum leak

my car did the same thing, turned out i didn't seal the lower air charger tube good enough. what have you done resently to your car? you said you changed sensors. did you remove any of the superchargers air charger tubes? if not did you forget to reinstal a vacuum line or maybe knock a line loose? if you still can't find the leak have a friend help you, spray propane or carb cleaner on vacuum lines and tube connections while someone keeps the car running, when the car smooths out you found your leak.
thanks, rob

Vacuum leak

I agree with both of those responces, you can't hear the vacuum leak, you have to use propane or something close to it. Our IC tubes vibe loose spray around the scanner nut also. Good luck

I was qurious,,,, when spraying around for vacuum leaks, can't the same thing be done with say soapy water? Rather than the rpm increasing when you hit a leak, it would bog, sputter or die I imagine. But, it would be alot safer than spraying such a flamable chemical around under the hood. Especially if his problem turns out to be bad plug wires. Of course, the bursting into flames will probably find that problem as well. LOL

Actually, I saw this happen to someone who was spraying starter fluid around looking for vacuum leaks, which he didn't find. But he did find the bad wires!

If nothing else, make sure you have a fire extinguisher close by when trying this at home!

Just a thought???????

The use of propane is the official Ford procedure for locating vacuum leaks. You need to put the torch noozle on the propane bottle to control the amount of flow but you're right, having a fire extinguisher or water hose handy would add a level of safety.
One of the other guys outlined a procedure for using soap and water plus 20psi of air pressure to locate vacuum leaks on the intake about 2 months ago. I have not tried it yet but it makes sense and could work. Do a search and give it a try. Good luck

Back