Headlamp Covers: Keep a Spare Set Handy

carlislesc

I own a 90 SC and a 87 Turbo. Kissing cousins ya know and both cars of the year. I had my daily driver 87 in for an inspection at my local Ford dealer and it failed the headlamp test. Over the years the seals broke, moisture entered under the covers and fogged them up. Cost of new from Ford dealer if they can find them (you always get that you know its over ten years old line) are $188 a piece :eek: Scs probably cost around the same unless its not a problem on the SC. My thought is that it probably is. If you find used at a car show or junkyard and they are not fogged up, grab an extra set as insurance.

geez...shop around...

Headlights for 94/95 SCs list for only 106 apiece. This is for the headlight itself, doesn't come with adjusting screws (and all the other junk you have on your old ones anyway). You can easily get 20% off list if you try.
TC lights are even cheaper, here's brand new Ford pcs for 115 a pair: TC headlights on eBay
Get the part #'s from this auction & call your local Ford dealer, go for the 20% discount while you're at it.

good luck,

'bird

Back