Spark Plugs

MysticGohan51

ok guys im ready to install spark plugs and im not paying for it....(labor charges) so id like to know the fastest way to get to them.....i don't feel like taking all day so helps from people who have done it themselves would be great.....hope to hear from someone soon......thanks a lot.....

Don

ok heres how its done or how i do it in 2 hrs

jack the car up so u can get underneath... then take off the front section of exhaust... there are 2 nuts just behhind the resonator and then another 2 on each side of the engine right at the exhaust manifold. after uve gotten those six nuts off u can slide the exhaust out with difficulty lol its a paint but it will come out.

after that u will be able to get the driver side all from underneath.. it looks hard but all u need is a 3/8" ratchet, sparkplug socket , and a universal joint or swivel thingy.

so what i do is unplug the wires off the drivers side from underneath and then get up and pull them out... after that get ur ratchet, swivel, and socket go underneath the drivers side and ull be able to reach in there and get them it till take alot of fooling around and it might take u longer than itd take me cause ive done it a few times. so take ur time and ull be able to get it. underneath is easier than screwing around with the top. after uv got them out then get the new plugs and do the same thing puttin them back in. AND UR DONE THE HARD PART OF THE DRIVER SIDE!!!

then the hard side is the passenger side.. go underneath and take the starter off.. 2 bolts and 1 or 2 wires its easy, it takes 2 min. then ull be able to see 2 of the sparkplugs .. pull the wires off the 2 and go up to the top and pull them out. then go under and take the plugs out... its i tight space but u can do it.. u might not need the swivel on this side not sure.. ull find out.. after uve gotten those plugs in then come up to the top. take ur intake tube off and ull see the side of the air conditioning unit. i foget if u need to take the rad coolan resovoir out i dont think so but if u do its easy.. just 2 lil bolts ull se them there right there.... now back to the air conditioning.. ull see 4 bolts i think there 10mm bolts there 4 of them and there al long and there all the same size. after u take those off u can move the air conditioning compressor out of the way a few inches.. .ull see the last front sparkplug ... pull off the wire and take the plug out and put the new one in... YAY!!!! UR DONE ALL THE PLUGS... NOW THE EASY PART .. THE WIRES. ..... look at the pic ive attatched on where to put the wires. after uve got all the wires on and in order put the air conditioner back in its place and tighten up the 4 bolts again.. then put ur intake tube back on. oh by the way to put the wires on ull have to feed the wires down from the top one at a time and go under and push them on. the one plug at the front behing the air condtioner u can plug in from the top. now that everythign is done on the top u gotta put that damn exhaust back on... u gotta put it ontop of urself under the car and push it up and get the 2 hanger bars into there little holes after uve done that ur laughin.. that was the hardest part. now just put those 6 bolts back on and ur done !!!! start her up she will be runnin beautiful!!!

Attachments

• sparkplug diagram1.jpg
    sparkplug diagram1.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 255
hey, i'm from buffalo too. grand island actually. i just did plugs a week ago. my brother and i did them in about 3 hours with a couple breaks to cure stiff necks and flaring tempers. we got all of them off from under the car except 1 without removing anything. on the top, i removed the air intake tube up to the throttlebody. i removed the ARC plastic cover and yanked all of those wiring harnesses and vacuum lines over the ARC to hold them out of the way. my bro did the driver side plugs himself from underneath. on the pass. side we had to hand the ratchet back and forth from top to bottom quite a bit. we got the back 2 on the pass. side from underneath. the front plug on the pass. is a pain in the ***. it took some wrestling with the boot. here's what i used to get the plug out. plug socket with a built in swivel(4.00 at autozone, it's a neccesity), long 3/8 extension, a swivel, then another 3/8 extension. be careful and go slow with stubborn plugs. this may be a strange way compared to others on the site, but it worked for me and i didn't have to rebuild my engine to do it. good luck!

well this is what i had done

i had a guy that torched a hole through the fender wall on each side if the fender walls he torched 3 holes for each plug and now it is the easiest thing in the world ratchet and extension go in and out so easy its not even funny takes me about 30 min tops to change my plugs

That is an interesting idea! You could cut precision holes, finish them up, paint them, and put rubber plugs in the holes. I would like to see some pics also!

Back