Supercharger Oil

Cobra85

OK .... I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I'm some what new here so I'm gonna ask again.
Is there a compatible oil available other than the EXPENSIVE stuff Ford sells ? Is it cheaper and would it be in a larger container ? I want to change out the oil in my SC but don't want to be ripped off by having to go to the dealer to obtain it . My 93 SC has 183,000 miles and up to this point I just keep the level where it belongs.

Supercharger oil

Yeah, go to your local Pontiac dealer and ask for Grand Prix supercharger fluid. The part number on the 4-ounce bottle I have says 1 #12345982.
I've been told it's the same or better than the motorcrap stuff and it is only $7.36 compared to around $18. What the hell is Ford thinking anyways.

Hope this helped.

Months back, I paid 25 dollars for 4 ozs! :eek:

There is a jet engine lubricant available that can be a direct replacement for the SC fluid. Fully synthetic and its actually rated to withstand extremes better. A search will reveal some of the brands its sold under & the part number, but it is available from small airports & marine type stores.

As an alternative, you can use 0w-30 or 5w-30 synthetic motor oil. This is directly from the owners manual included with your Supercoupe. I don't know if it has the same protection properties as the normal oil, but it obviously is acceptable. Just remember that if your snout seal is leaking & slinging fluid, it might make things dirty underhood.

Yea, It leaks a little but nothing to be to concerned with. Needs about an ounce every 30-40k miles. I just would like to change out as much oil as I can suck out with a baster or somethig simular.:p

Back