changing supercharge fluid

1. Put a clothespin on your nose.
2. Use a turkey baster or something along those lines to suck out the old fluid.
3. put in new fluid till it gets to the bottom of the threads on the fill access.
4. Replace bolt
5. Take off clothespin.
6 :D

what bolt do i need to remove... to put the fluid

do i just stick the turkey baster into the fill hole do i need to remove something first?

Bolt is a black one , and you will need an allen wrench to get it out. Bolt is pretty much centered along the base of the charger as you look at it straight-on. Just stick your baster in there,nothing to move...Depending on when it was last done you may or may not get a whole lot of fluid out.

Use a socket with an Allen tip. The caps are notorious for being so tight that they routinely get stripped. My spindly set of allen wrenchs are good for assembling childrens toys and thats about all.

SC OIL

Do this when the SC is cold, over night cold only!. Buy a good tool to do this with if you strip the bolt head and you will be sorry.

Well I will give it a try on Monday July 7 i am thinking of using the Jet turbine oil, or Mobil Syn 5w-20

i used a horse syringe and about 4 feet of small tubing, sucked it all out in about 3 minutes and put the new back in with no mess. my old fluid was brown and nasty. i thought friction modifier was bad and i thought nothing smelled more pugnant than burnt atf but sc fluid is some bad smelling stuff. a clothespin is a must.

It's definitely easier with some kind of syringe. I used the suction pump I have for draining the diff & just put a small hose on the end. This way you can really get all the oil out the bottom of the casing. I've heard of people using Redline synthetic power steering fluid; but if you go to a Pontiac or Buick GM dealer their 4oz bottles of Supercharger oil (for the Pontiac GTP or Buick Regal GS ) are only about $6 compared to Ford at $25 (if they even carry them anymore). Capacity is about 6ozs, so 2 of the GM bottles gives you some top-up if you need it.

I can't remember what the size is either. I think it's 3/16" or 5/32", but definitely not metric.

i am going to try to do this

but i'm getting so many different fluid to use for this

what would be the MOST RECCOMMENDED ONE!!!

gm supercharger fluid. same as ford, but cheaper. call your nearest gm dealer and tell them you want some sc fluid with this part number 12345982. all gm dealerships will have plenty on hand.
good luck

Just got off the phone whith Kevin Gunn at Magnuson. Magnuson sells an oil change kit that comes 4 oz of oil (he strongly recomends no more than that. more below) and a new seal for the gear housing for 15 bucks +shipping.

He told me that we should be rinising out our gears and housing to get all the contaminants out. Also that the gear/front seal oil system isn't really a splash system but more of an "atomization" type lubrication system and overfilling the gear housing can cause overpressure and blown seals. This is what he said.

I went ahead and ordered two kits, just in case the case does take more than 4 oz like Kevin said.

If anyone wants to double check here is his contact information
Kevin S. Gunn
Account Manager
kgunn@magnacharger.com
3172 Bunsen Ave.
Ventura,Ca 93003
tel: 805-642-8833
fax: 805-677-4897
www.magnusonproducts.com

Back