TPS calibration

rafaelmoreno76

Anybody knows what voltaje the tps should read too be correctly calibrated. A friend has a 88 mustang and he calibrated it but i dont know if the sc´s is adjustable.

tps cal

no the tp isn't adjustable if you back probe the tp sensor one wire usually black/ white tracer is a signal return(ground) one is v-ref must be 5 volts the third is tp voltage. which should be under 1 volt usually .92-.96 at idle or key on engine off. the wider you open the throttle plate the higher the voltage should top out just over 4 volts hope this helps...............Doug

While the TPS is non-adjustable as it comes from the factory, several of us have had to drill out the metal sleeves in each hole of the TPS. This was done to be able to rotate it slightly on some (especially aftermarket) TBs to get the correct voltage at idle.

voltage

Are you guys setting the voltage with the car running at idle, or with the car not running and the key in the run position?

tp calibration

i would check the voltage with the key on engine off.remember this is not normally an adjustable sensor.that is on this type of vehicle.super coupe 3.8 superchared engine

If you go to the TCCOA site I think they still have a nice article on the adjustment proceedure at idle. And, as George has stated you can enlarge with a drill or file the mounting sleeves on the TPS body to an oval shape to be able to rotate it and re-calibrate . Offen necessary if you install a new or larger TB.

Back