Throttle cable removal....

fastsc92

When putting my tranny back in my car i didn't see the throttle cable and it got squished inbetween the bell housing and the block. I realised beore getting the bolts too tight but it still crushed it enough that the cable wont move. I need to get this one out so i can see what i can do with it or just get a new one. I got it unhooked from the TB, and apart from the cruise control. I also took the pedal off and its unhooked there. I just need to get it out of the firewall. It looks like there is two clips holding it in there but i had no luck getting it out. This is the only thing thats holding me up. Can someone help me out with getting it out. Thanks alot.

The throttle cable should have 2 bolts on the brackek (after it is removed from the TB) that hold the cable in place. However if your talking about the kick down cable you will have to pry the back of the deal (there is a grove that goes into the bracked). Then you will have to turn the back of the cable untill it releases.

Kinna confusing eh?

Originally posted by fastsc92
I just need to get it out of the firewall. It looks like there is two clips holding it in there but i had no luck getting it out.
giddyup306: Read his post, he already has those undone. He's dealing with getting it loose from the firewall.

fastsc92 You need to squeeze those ears/clips from the inside and it'll pop right out've the firewall into the engine compartment. Try channelocks or two screwdrivers.

good luck,

'bird

thanks. I was way too tired last night to deal with it so i'll try it today. I spent all day putting my tranny back in and getting everything buttoned up. Its all done except for the cable. The cable is mint, but i crushed it in one spot so i'm going to see if i can fix it before i go out and buy a new one.

ok..i need a throttle cable. Turns out that its not availible from ford anymore. They discountinued the cable in 2000. Does anyone have one? I need it for a 92-95 5 speed cable. It must be from a 5 speed as the auto's are different. Also must be from a SC. please help me out here....i will pay for overnight shipping...please!

Back