group buy on rockers?

Actually, the group buy that Paul has going is for 1.73:1 ratio roller rockers (which is the stock ratio). I've got a set of these that I have yet to install in case anyone wants to see them before jumping in on the purchase. However, if you're looking to run 1.80:1 ratio roller rockers, I think you'll have to find someone else to buy them from. Many people running these have had issues since they really do change the geometry of the valve train. The problems include premature lifter wear, premature rocker wear, premature valve stem wear, etc. Most people will recommend that instead of increasing gross valve lift by stepping up to the 1.80:1 rockers, you should look at a more agressive camshaft.

...Just my $0.02 worth.

Best regards,

Sean

Thanks for the clarification Sean ... guess I should have read the part where Steve said "1.8" !! :rolleyes: :p

cheers
Ed N.

No problem, Ed. I think the only reason it clicked with me, is that I recall Paul telling me he doesn't even sell 1.8 rockers because of the problems that people have had with them. Paul will tell anyone that he generally won't sell products that he wouldn't be comfortable installing on his own car.

Cheers,

Sean

Back