Hello

ThunderHawk SVT

Hello all I am just a newbie, but I would really like to go to a meet down here in phoenix. I have been asking in the Tccoa about any meets here but there don't seem to be any. I now have a SC and LXII, but my SC isn't in the best shape right now. I will check back for any date that members decide on and I will try to be there. I work Friday nights so I will not be able to attend then. I am usually up at the Scottsdale Pavills on Saturday nights with the Vortex VW Crew.

glad to see you post. We are trying to get a meet together this month. Any ideas you may have would be great. I may come out to the Pavilions this weekend. I haven't been in a while. What shape is you SC in? Running? What year?.

I just got the SC last weekend. It had been sitting for around three years in the AZ summer heat and monsoons. The paint [black] is sunburnt in several places on the roof, hood and the trunk lid. The leather seats up front are all cracked as well as for some of the dash. Other than that its not in to bad a shape. I have a 1990 LX black as well that is in pretty good shape. I have had it for around two years now. I might try parting some things from the LX to the SC. I will have some pics of them both hopfully be monday.

Whooee!! replace everything rubber on the car!! Dry rot happens here in a matter of months w/o use. Sounds like you have a project on your hands! Look forward to some pics!

Jeff

I'll come out and play if I can be socially acceptable in my Ranger pickup :) I'm in town for the next few weekends. I think I'm going to build a house in Sierra Vista, but I've got to get my stuff packed up and moved out of my house in Mesa (that I never actually finished unpacking and moving into) so that it can either be sold or rented out.

Paul

Thanks for the info on the rubber replacement, unfortunately it came to late. Just a few days ago while traveling down US 60 I have a blow out in the right rear. It bent some support metal for the bumper, polished my gas fill tub ripped/cracked my rear bumper cover, and damaged myside skirt a little. Guess it just a little more to add to the project list to fix.

YUP !!!

Mine sat for 5 months before i came along,,and had Goodyear Eagles on it that appeared to be in excellent shape. Bang ! rear tire on the 101... replace both rears, Bang ! front tire goes on U.S
60 ( a little scarier than the rear) Replace the fronts and drive straight from Discount tire to Auto Zone and bought a full set of belts for it! Changed the belts in the parking lot at work and forgot to pick up coolant,seeing as i had to remove lower rad hose! Back to Auto Z. The last step is one i should have thought to do as soon as i got my car anyway and would highly recommend to you,as old coolant is very bad for the dissimilar metals in our engines. Also check your charger fluid level,it should be up to the bottom of the threads where the allen head bolt goes in. That's all i can think of for now, sorry to hear about the damage that tire did to your car !

Jeff

I'm new to the whole Supercharged car, I didn't know that you could add fluid to the charger. Is it oil or some other kind of fluid? I will try and search the site for some info and pics as to what makes up the charger system.

You shouldn't have to mess with your sc fluid often. On the fron of your charger there is a hex bolt. Take it out and your fluid should be right at the bottom of the threads. It is supercharger fluid. You get it from the dealer. It's up to you weather you want to change it or not after sitting so long. It's probably o.k. If you do it takes about 2 bottles(there small bottles). Use something to suck out the old fluid and replace it with the new to the bottom of threads. By the way, it really stinks.

Back