Trunk Release/ I want to get it working..

NorthrnSCownr

I have not investigated it physically yet, so any help prior would be appreciated. ...When I push the button there is simply no response. Is it the solenoid perhaps? How do these releases work? Any help warmly welcomed...
Thanks, Tom

I have the same exact problem, i would appreciate if somebody can give us a response on how to fix these suckers. Thanks

Sergio

is the car on when you try?

It works when the car is on, or in the accessory position (counterclockwise of the position in which you can release the key, the position where just the radio and a couple other things are on)

SCROACH

Where in Maine are you? Or at least, are you near Portland?
BTW, I am not sure if I have tried the release with the car on or not. (Look for simple solutions first huh?)

My release was working off and on, it would make a little clicking sound. if you follow the cable that comes out of the trunk release, there is a module that I had to replace. I was able to find one in an extra 87 thunderbird that i had in the back yard.

Shawn

scroach said:
is the car on when you try?

Yeah your key has to be in the on or accesory position for it to work. I thought mine was broken for about a month until I tried it with the key on.

Back