What The Hell????

jambird

i had just finished a two week project on my car replacing the clutch. i replaced the pressure plate, clutch disc, complete slave cylinder, pilot bearing and clutch master cylinder. i bled the clutch exactly as my shop manual said (and i bled it lots too) but the car won't go into gear when it's running. if i start the car in gear it tries to take off, all signs point to the slave cyl. but it's brand new. So what the heck might it be????
thanks for any input.

does it...........

does your clutch pedal have resistance when you push it to indicate that it is disengaging the engine from the trans? If not and everything else is new, change the master cylinder for the clutch as well-it may be bad-also, did you have this problem b4 you did all the work? the little oring where the line enters teh slave cylinder could have torn from removing it-good luck.

i get resistance if i pump the clutch a couple times, but it goes away, maybe a leak? i just replaced the clutch master cylinder and the rubber o-ring

****. If you've got the power just push the clutch in all the way, hold the brakes to the floor with a couple people sitting on back, and keep all three pedals to the floor when it starts.

you'll burn it down to where it needs to be ;)

edit: then you have an excuse to replace all your U-joints too!

JUST kidding!!

lol..

well........

If it develops resistance after you pump it that means there is an airleak somewhere-dont "burn it down to where it needs to be" unless you liked changing it so much the first tiem you would enjoy spending another several weeks doing it again-lmao. i would guess the oring going into the slave is bad-check it-it may have torn from beng dissaembled-aslo, the line or clutch master may be bad-as long as the pedal gets firmer if you puimp it then I believe you hav a leak somewhere and it is sucking air.

Last edited:
Back