Mods to get in the 13's?

Sccoupe

What all mods do you think it would take to get a 94 SC with 100K on it to run a 13. The motor still runs good and is all stock.

SC

No brag , just was the answer to the Q . Takes alot to get the car down to 13 or 12s , And stay togeather . Just trying to help and let him know its not cheap . DW

270rwhp will put you in the 13's easy... Going up to 300rwhp will get your close to 12's... Much past that and you'll be seeing 12 second times slips

270rwhp will put you in the 13's easy... Going up to 300rwhp will get your close to 12's... Much past that and you'll be seeing 12 second times slips

I agree...especially if you have an automatic and some sticky tires.

David

SC

Hey David , you will have to tell us , how you got up to that HP , I know I have the kit from Bill Hull , the 340HP , so you have have WHAT ?? and how , 12 Sec. OOOOOOOOOOO -yes , better than head . DW

I just barely break into the thirteens (13.9xx) and have the following mods: (and a tranny that holds the 1-2 shift until about 6200...)

MP inlet plenum
MP magnaport II
MP raised sc top
Underdrive pullies (except altenator)
Kooks headers
high flow cats
flow master cat-back with res and 40 series muffs
3.73 gears

all else is stock:

fram paper filter
MAF
TB
intake tube
blower pulley
intercooler
injectors

MP stuff = 1685 (NJ group buy)
UD pullies = ~200 (?)
Headers = ~600
cats = ?
flowmaster stuff = ~300(?)
3.73s = ~200

hope that helps,
EDIT: just noticed you were talking about a 94, so the MP II is not applicable unless you switch to an early style blower case.

Last edited:
Hey David , you will have to tell us , how you got up to that HP , I know I have the kit from Bill Hull , the 340HP , so you have have WHAT ??

Thanks for the nice compliment.

I'm estimating about 500 HP at the crank, because the non locking converter and automatic have close to a 25% drivetrain loss. How...copying and learning from other guys in my area like Kurt K., Chris Mendola, Wade Embree, Brian Herron and in the last two years with a great deal of help from Chris Wise.

Chris and I have a running competition going with our wife/girl freind to see how long we can go without working (fixing or modding) on one of our two cars. For the past year...the longest we have made it, is two weeks.

I've modded nearly everything twice, in an effort to get it like I want....I'm currently concentrating on getting it to run a little cooler in the summer heat and getting my propane injection system to add power instead of subtracting it everytime I spray.

My members page is current as of yesterday (changed gears back from 4.10s to 3.73s) Why....The modding and maintaining my SC is a hobby. I've always got another mod planned before finishing the one I working on now. Told my wife I would stop spending on the SC until spring (fingers were crossed).

David

A lot of people start with all the bolt-ons (I did it this way too), and I think generally this is seen as the easiest way to bump up the power. But I don't know if that's true.

You can spend a huge boatload of money on bolt ons, or you can "bite the bullet" and start by pulling the heads for port/polish, valves, etc. True this will cost you $1500 or more, but if you add up all the bolt-ons it will be way more than that. With good heads you can make a lot of power, plus it will respond better to the bolt-ons later. You should probably also do the exhaust for starters, to be safe. I think that's what I'd do if I had to do it again, start with exhaust and heads.

Back