2 Mods worth weight in gold..YEAH!

XxSlowpokexX

Well this goes for almost any car...But after witnessing it in person with many SC's at the track....

#1 Remeber SC's do have alot of low end torque
#2 lots of torque equals lots of tire spin.

Without a tight differential or a good set of tires you will never plant your power to the ground ..Your potential 60 foot times will suffer along with your 1/4 mile times..This may seem as a given..But how many people with there SC's have done a diff rebuild..For the doit yourselfers it costs under $100..Thats all new clutches and synthetic fluid of your choice...Cost me around $60 total last time I did it. And withouttires...Where does all that extra power go..Up in smoke....SO for many of you that keep avoiding the inevitable...Do a diff rebuild..And get yaself some tires:O)...

Damon

I second that

I went from a best of 2.08 short time all the way to a 1.89 with street slicks. Translated to .25 in the quarter with just tires!!!!! Comes down to the old saying, E.T. is all in the launch.

Actually I rebuild these units..However when you see 7 out of ten cars with one leggers....Apparently noone is taking care of the issue..WHich was the point of the post..Now if I could have 1$ for every person that has a worn traclock or bad auburn(junk) and feels they can go fast..I'd be a rich man

limited slip

Yeah they're kinda like shocks in that they go bad slowly so you really don't realize it until one day you notice only one black mark.Motorsport makes a heavy duty clutch pak for 50 something last time I bought one.Of course if you're into how far you can spin the tire(s) then loose is good.

i wanted to rebuild my rear end also with 145k about, i wanted 3.55 gears/posi and to get it all installed in the diff, but i added up everything and it was alot, then i seen at the SCperformance.com (witch isnt there anymore) the rear FFRP aluminum 8.8" Diff with 3.73 and trac lock for 600.00 also in the ford motorsport books....so i decided to just buy that and it would be cheapest for me..i'm happy, a little high gearing, but i want to build my motor up alot...

220 RWHP
325 RWT

My 91 SC 5-spd Pics + Dyno Slips
http://community.webshots.com/user/supercoupe

My Mod list
http://www.tccoa.com/rides/lacale.shtml

Back