chrome cobra R's

daivd z

what places sell 17" chrome cobra R's for the SC? i know SCP has them but is there anywhere that has them for less than 300 a wheel?

Check them out on EBAY. I'm not sure what kind of quality they are, but they look good for a decent dollar.

Jake

jegs has them from detroit rep wheels....17" 4.25 bolt pattern for 190 a peice. Chrome. They also have 16" for 130 each.

fastsc92 said:
jegs has them from detroit rep wheels....17" 4.25 bolt pattern for 190 a peice. Chrome. They also have 16" for 130 each.

Mustang bolt pattern. Shame on you, I got excited

no they have them in our both pattern like i said....4.25....a stang is 4.5 they are there...trust me. and they look like nice rims.

The 4.25's I saw were 4bolt pattern 4.25X4. I imagine this is for older stangs. If they are there then I apologize.
Julian

i'm sorry...my bad....i looked at it wrong and it was the 4 lub pattern. sorry about that. Now i got my own hopes up...

I'm sorry for disappointing you.
Its like they say, there is no cheap mod for this car.
I really wish I was wrong here.
Julian

If anyone sees the ads in the Ford Mags for Performance Wheel Outlet, please post on at least this site before ordering so you can read all the horror stories about different stuff that has happened to some of the older tenure members who have purchased from PWO.

that site was great. You can get polished 17's for 175 each. IMO i think polished rims are better than chrome, and for less money. They also offer 18" r's for a little more money but i think with this car it would fill the wheel well a lot better.

http://wheelsmarket.com

yea without getting into it because it will just piss me off by remebering the nightmare. DONT ORDER FROM "THE DEVIL"* UNLESS YOU WANT TO WRECK YOUR CAR AND MAYBE DIE. nuff said. brian *PWO AKA Performance Wheel Outlet

PWO...Performance Wheel Outlet

What is the deal with PWO?? If there are any bad experiences with them it would be nice to hear them out.

I have been dealing with them as of recently. They get blanks "Wheels with no pattern" from Dante Designs. They punch the bolt circle in them and off they go...

Now...The biggest problem that I have had with them is....Everytime I have called them to look into the order they can never find it. It was on THREE seperate occassions that I contacted them to see where they were at with my order and ended up having to RE-ORDER...My Dad owns a Tire business, and our affiliation with them came through our supplier. We are just now learning how unorganized they are with this one lil tiny order for my SC...They even tried to get me to change my order to a wheel style that they already had, and I was like...Uh I think I just told ya what I want mister..Just get it to me already...So, I kinda doubt that we will be doing anything else with them...But their prices are unreal...

So please, I would like to hear the skinny on these guys if anyone knows anything pipe up with it...

Brad

alright well here it goes. first off i ordered them about 3 years ago, so im not sure if the business has changed, but it sounds like it hasnt. i placed an order for a set of silver 18x9 cobra r's. i was told they would ship out right away and be at my house in a week. well a week goes by then i call them, they say we dont even have you order are you sure you placed one? i was like yea, then they said that they didnt have any silver cobra r's and that they had to wait for likke ten more orders before the could send them out to the painters. so he said call back in a couple of weeks to see if they had enough where it would be economical for them to ship them off to be painted. so i waited a while and then like a month later after not hearing from them and constantly calling them they couldnt find my info again! it was so discouriging. so i decided i was just going to call up the next day and demand chrome ones for the same price as the silver. i called up and they then told me that my rims had just been shipped out???? so after almost 2 months of getting dicked around. i recieved the rims, and the chrome lug nuts that come with them. so i take them and my tires to a shop to be put on. i pick up my car and start to drive down a highway. all of a sudden my rear pass side wheel comes shootin off while i was going around 65 mph. i then skidded out of control grinding on my rotor and luckly wasnt hurt or killed by traffic. i really had someone watching out for me that day. then i went and retrieved my wheel about a half mile down the road. and called the police and a tow truck. turns out that good ol pwo sent me the wrong lug nuts. they were for a mustang and it wasnt noticable that they where the wrong ones because they screwed on normally, they just would stay on for long. so i call pwo and let them know what happened. they were dicks about it and i told them that i demanded a full refund for my rims or else i would sue. luckly nothing was wrong with my brake that scrapped the ground because i luckly got off into grass quickly. they said they would refund my money and that they just had to put it by the head of the company first. i said ok. i never got a call back so a couple of days later i called them. they told me that they werent going to do anything and that it was my fault for installing the lugs. i then pretty much gave up due to the fact i didnt really have the time or money to get into a legal battle with these *******s. micah and another member have had the same thing happen with there pwo rims falling off. so thats why i say dont order from them unless you want to wait 3 months for some rims that might end up killing you. brian

Holy sh#t that sounds like it sucked... Did you pay for the wheels before you were waiting the 3 weeks for them to send them.... if so with that amount of money and it being an actual business, is there nothing you can do??? That sucks if you are screwed...

Back