Intake tube??

Its attached to the bottom of the black intake tube...I thought it was some kinda pcv thing but I found the PCV valve and it already has a hose attached to it

I think it has to do with EGR, I don't have one on mine so not sure. I would guess it connects to it somewhere. Not sure where EGR is but it is on passenger side somewhere.

That's for the PCV valve on the drivers side of the engine. It connects to a steel or solid hose that crosses under the supercharger and runs over to the drivers side.

PCVHoseHighlight.jpg

Confusion

On my vehicle, the PCV valve is on the passenger side valve cover, closest to the firewall. It is connected to a short metal hose that has 2" pieces of rubber on each end. This metal hose then connects to one of the larger aluminum hoses amongst the supercharger plumbing.. about in the middle of the engine bay very close to the firewall.

The small rubber hose (3/8"?) coming off of the bottom of my black plastic air intake tube (from the airbox) runs underneath the supercharger, to the driver's side valve cover. It connects to a black plastic elbow which is at the front (closest to headlights) of the valve cover. What is this device if the other is a PCV? The other is a PCV, as I changed it with a new unit from the original Motorcraft. Could this be another PCV? To my knowledge, EGR valves did not exist on the '93s.

Thanks for clearing this up!

On the early style vehicles, the PCV valve is only in the passenger side valve cover. The driver's side is just a plastic 90 degree fitting as mentioned. (I believe this system was used on all years.)

The passenger side PCV lets the positive crankcase pressure go back through the intake to be burned. The tube from the passenger side provides fresh air for the crankcase. It is a closed system. The fresh air comes after the MAF and is metered since it returns to the intake.

gldiii said:
On the early style vehicles, the PCV valve is only in the passenger side valve cover. The driver's side is just a plastic 90 degree fitting as mentioned. (I believe this system was used on all years.)

Yup, same for 94-95 also....

Mines a 93 5spd and i got one of those
Im pretty sure its a crank case vent tube.
Also to mention i have no EGR

Back