belt for underdrive pulleys

dakotaflstf

Has anyone ran into a problem with belt size when you change stock pulleys over to SCP (3) underdrive pulleys. My stock belt is too big and I was told that the stock one would work. Does anyone have a part # for a smaller belt? thank you

The stock accessory belt comes back very close to the water pump pulley on the underdrive installation. Some are as close as a credit card spacing apart! I have not seen a shorter accessory belt for the SC. I also have not heard of it actually rubbing at that point, although it can be might close. Good news is that as the engine is running that space actually increases as the tensioner arm gets pulled back a little bit.

I've also wondered if there is a shorter belt available for this application. You have to rotate the tensioner way down to make the stock belt fit. It looks like the belt will rub between the waterpump and tensioner, but it doesn't. You do need to keep an eye on it, though. It looks like if the belt gets old and stretches it could make contact. Seems like there should be a belt with a smaller circumference that would allow the tensioner to remain in the normal position.

Back