PDA

View Full Version : SC / GTP Club Clash V - Cancelled

forcfed93
07-09-2003, 01:10 PM
Sorry for the multiple Posting ...... I'm trying to reach everyone as quickly as possible!!!!!

Members and Friends of Super Coupe Club of Iowa,

We have run into a scheduling problem with this weekends event (Club Clash V) to be held in Cedar Falls, and we have been forced to cancel the event.

I just got off the phone with the manager of Cedar Falls Raceway and he appoligizes profusely for the problem.

It seems that a charity group has rented the track on Saturday. "Harleys & Hotrods" is a drag racing event for charity and they have rented the track from 9am-5pm. He explained that this was a last minute deal that was finalized in June, and when he scheduled it he was unaware that we were planning to use the track that day. (He is in Illinois and is not involved with the day-to-day stuff in CF).

He did however show great interest in Club Clash, and would like to talk to us about it in more detail in the near future. He says that the main focus of Cedar Falls Raceway is to use it as a community facility and wants to empsize it's use by car clubs and related groups. He even went so far as to say, that they would be interested in supplying trophys and a purse if we can guarantee a certain amount of cars. (he was not specific about the car count they needed to do this).

So, it looks like we will call off this weekends event and just plan on doing the October event in Earlville.

Sorry for any problems this may have caused with your scheduling, and we do not see it happening again.

If any of you would want to get together and do something on Saturday, just let me know. We'll email everyone and post it on our BBS at sccoa.com and on our website.