Wiring SCCOA intercooler fan

Performance Technical " How-To's " for the 1989-1997 Thunderbird ....check this "How To" on the Mn12 Performance.com website,it's shows how to wire an IC fan.
Hope it helps,
z

Unfortunately the fan you get from SCCOA does not have all the hardware that the MN12 fan comes with. I only have a red and black wire to deal with.

This should help

Use the instructions on the MN12performance only as a guide for the wiring. I assume you have a permacool 8" fan.

Things you need:
Inline fuse holder and 15 amp fuse
12 gauge or 16 gauge wire--need only about 2 feet, or just buy a spool of it.
Electrical Tape (black tape)
These materials should cost about $5-6.

1) Remove the IC, there are 2 bolts on the top attached to the metal intake pipes and 2 on the bottom. The bottom Driver side is a little tight but use an opened ended wrench or a small rachet. If you use the small rachet go under the car, then wrap your hand around front of the IC and then undo it that way.

2) Once the Ic is out attach the fan to the back of it (fan will be a puller style). I gather it came with special zip ties. If you want you can use the included feet to attach to the fan but, I did not use them, if you can fit it use it.
When you are feeding the zip ties through the IC, it may be a tight fit, just push carefully and it will go through. Just make sure you leave the wires at the top.

3) Re-connect the IC and tighten the bolts, make sure they are tight.

4) You should now have a red and black wire. If you want the fan to run when the car is on, (the best and easiest way) then go to MN12performace.com and see where they tell you to attach the wire to the ignition wire, to not cut, but tap into the wire. You will want an inline fues on this wire as well. You can get one from an autoparts store, just get a regular fuse size, and put a 15 amp fuse in it. If you have a tester, voltmeter or test light test the wire first, it should read 12 Volts, when the car is in Acces, or run.

5) The black wire needs to go to a good metal surface (this is the ground wire) I put mine under the coolant resevior.

Make sure its all tight and snug and then turn on the car and see if the fan runs.

If you need futher help or I was not clear on somethings then you can email me at Surferd15@Aol.com or just post here. I will be happy to help.

later,
Drew

Back