Auto headlight dimmer Q...

MTTod

I put the auto headlight and dimmer from an 89 LX in my 90 SC but didn't change the MF switch. People on here said the MF switch is different but the dimmer and everything seem to work fine on my car.

Is there something I'm missing here? What's the difference?

What parts work, did you install the sensor in the dash? Auto-High Beam, Auto-Delay up to a few minutes before Auto-shut-off, Auto on at night, Auto off in day light. I think the MFS for the Auto Dim has to do with being able to over-ride the high beams when set by pushing the MFS arm forward. But I think you need the sensor for the mirror arm for that to work. Good luck

My car had nothing on it. No auto headlight, auto dimmer or auto dimming mirror. I put everything on it from the 89 LX and everything seems to work just fine without changing the MF switch. I can even override the auto dimmer.

I'm just trying to find out if I'm going to screw something in the system up by using the old MF switch.

The basic of the MFS are all the same, so I don't think that you will hurt anything. The differences are in the Hazard Button, number of pins in the wiper section, and if you have side markers. The MFS for auto-dim has blue plastic section that controls the wipers and a Hazard buttom on the top. Good luck

Back