Differential....

MysticGohan51

ok i am going to rebuild mine i guess.....i do need to know....i have an 89 SC auto what gears should i put in.....it will be used for daily driving....(in the summer) but id still like to have just a bit more speed....what should i do...do i need anything apecial to do this and how long will it take.....thanks guys.....

Well I'd start by checking out the other "differential" thread right on the first page, after that...

Attachments

• search.jpg
    search.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 151
yeah.....umm......how about someone nice enough to tell me what i was looking for.....how about that....89 sc differential going to be changed....what gears should i put in for daily driver and be better.....and what am i looking at in price time and tools????

Sorry man, I don't mean to be an as* but that question shows you spent absolutly no time searching the boards. For gears go to the Q&A section. The norm is 3.73's for autos and 3.27's for 5-spds. If you check at tccoa under technical atricles and I believe "gears" section under that or something similar they list speeds and rpms to compare.

Gears you can't install youself unless you've done it before or have a ton of special tools for it. Labor costs you will have to call around to shops in your area. I have know idea $200 maybe. Then 200 for gears. Probably 400 minimum. You can buy a ford motorsport pumpkin new with gears installed for 600. Which is maybe what I should have done. If you pull your pumpkin yourself labor will be cheaper but you will have to call and see.

Julian

I don't think I'm out of line for suggesting that you do a search before asking a question that has already been asked and answered on this forum several times. Before you expect everyone to "tell you what you're looking for", don't you think you should try to look for it yourself? A lot of good information can be found by searching.

There is nothing wrong with "gently" reminding posters to use the search features on the board. I do it all the time. We just don't need to go overboard with the reminder process.

I don't think we have stepped over the line here, but we are closer to it and I see how some could take offense. I also understand the other side where people see the same question posted just a few threads away from the new post.

Just keep it light and courteous and we'll all be OK!

Rob, actually all I am saying is the sender of a message always perceives things differently than the receiver of a message! And if a picture is worth a thousand words, that may sometimes be too many.

But, If I had found the picture too "severe" it would have been removed. Just ask around.... LOL!

Back