Air Intake ???

SuperCoupe007

Hey guys, I was looking into getting a K&N Filter and was looking at the 7" RU-3130. Is that what most people are running ? or what K&N would you guys recommend ? I didn't wanna re-locate the IRCM or nothing. I am also gonna get a 3.5" intake tube to go along with it.. Thanks guys

i have a 9" K&N with a pice of 10 inch stainless steal that i polished and 2 rubber boots. its alot cheeper than spending over 100 dollars on a pice of 3.5 inch pipe. but the 9 inch should fit if you get the MP 3.5 tube

Hey daivd z let me start by saying that that is one sweet looking SC you got there.... I wasn't sure if a 9" K&N fit, but if it can fit without relocating the IRCM then i'll get the 9". Do you by any chance have a part number for that ?? I don't plan of spending over 100 for a 3.5" intake tube. I plan on doing what u said, getting a 11" long 3.5" stainless stell tube and maybe polishing it...

thanks for the compliment. i need to get some better pictures of my car and some of my intake. i need to go look at my box to see what the part # is. i didnt have to relocate anything. all the rubber boots clamped onto everything and the filter clamped onto the MAF. i did have to make it 10 inches instead of 12 because the filter wouldnt fit with 12" pipe.

That would really help me out alot to know what the part # would be. Hey David so the total length of the pipe you have is 10" ?? I was thinking of getting a pipe that was a total length of 15" long. I would have it bend after 4" so that it would have the similar form as what the factory rubber tube is bent at. Ofcourse this is just an idea, and all help is greatly appreciated.. If you had a pic of your intake set up that i could see that would be real good.. Thanks for your help...

if you go with a 9 inch filter a pipe that long wont fit because the airbox was shorter. yea the total length is 10 in. on my pipe. my filter is probably the same one they have on SCP. the 9 inch filter should work. there are no bends in my pipe the rubber connectors make it adjustable and it doesnt hit anything.

i got them at the local hardware store. there in the plumbing section. mine were like 3.50 a peice.

its without the intake. im planning on running it at IRP tommorow if it doesnt rain. i will know then.

Hey David
That would be cool if you got a chance to take it to the track.. That we could see how much of a difference the intake makes on the car.. Good luck... :)

Back