brake problem

J

jacsxr7

every time i slam on the brakes, the front right brakes lock up, until i let go.the other brakes dont seem to get or get a little.when i step on the brakes slowly or regular everything works properly. abs light go's on for a short time(3-4's) sometimes when i just step on the brakes. i have an 89 xr7 with ABS. any help would be grateful. thanks in advance

Later
Jose

jacsxr7 said:
every time i slam on the brakes, the front right brakes lock up, until i let go.the other brakes dont seem to get or get a little.when i step on the brakes slowly or regular everything works properly. abs light go's on for a short time(3-4's) sometimes when i just step on the brakes. i have an 89 xr7 with ABS. any help would be grateful. thanks in advance
If you've never replaced the ABS accumulator on a 14 year old car, its probably time. The abs light shouldn't come on again after it goes out when you first start the car. Even when the ABS is engaged, it shouldn't come on. With what you describe, you have some time, but not forever. Keep an eye on it and when you observe the brake light coming on at times also, its really time. Keep going from there and eventually you'll lose power assist and the car will be very hard to stop.

Back