squeeling sound part two HELP PLEASE!!!

NJTBIRD89

The Engine is under so much pressure that
when you unscrew the oil cap i heard the excess pressure
release and the squeeling noise actually stopped when turning off the car (this was before sealing the IC with RTV gasket)

there was so much excessive pressure in the engine

Took the car back to my mechanic...we checked out what i thought was the belts squeeling. he suggested me to check the tranny cuz all the components on the belts seemed intac...

we went to the guys who did my tranny... they tried to say it was the belts but to their suprise the squeeling sound was happening when it was up on the lift idling and also when they checking the gears.... when they dropped the tranny they felt they would change the torque converter because of possible lock up when might be the reason for my hesitation in vac and boost so they spent about 4 hours PRO BONO cuz these guys stand behind their work.

to compensate i re-routed the pcv valve system to plug into each other and where the air assembly unit elbow to the back hole near the egr transducer (the way it was orginally done when i rescued the SC from the previous owner

i still have the same hesitation but there is no pressure in the engine

i'm trying to reseal and tighten the IC tubes and hopefully
the pressure will cease

what do you think is contributing to the pressure build up

i really can use your expertise guys i need to stop the hesitation
and find out whatis the best way to redue the vaccum so this doesnt keep happening

it's a new engine i dont want to ruin it unless i'm going to DRAG RACE IT

by the way i still have the stock exhaust, egr valve, and IAC

a shot in the dark......

I've never encountered this situation before, so all I can do is take a guess.... What is the condition of the exhaust system (especially the catalytic converters)? Could it be that the cats have failed and are obstructing the flow to the degree that the engine is building extreme pressure? I'm surprised the headgaskets haven't blown out.
An engine is like a big air pump, if the air comes in and can"t get out, too much pressure until...boom.......

But like I said, this is a new one for me, so this is just a guess.

well i have not yet changed the exhaust system, and i have been contemplating if that is it... i'm going down the check list

1. new engine (7yr 70,000mi warranty)
2. new AOD Tranny (warranty for 5 yrs

so everything else i'm figuring is still original...

when i said before when i first came on the forum it was a very neglected car i'm know i am so close to completing the "salvage" operation i dont wanna "Fiddle" up (lol) this car... i think i might contact Bob Simpson here in NJ he's on of the mech. in NJ who has a 90 SC maybe he can have some other suggestions.

LJ so far no leaks thank GOD so i'm still good

Back