PVC Connection...FYI

007_SuperCoupe

I remember reading a post recently where someone stated that they did not have their PVC pipe hooked up to the intake tube. I unfortuantely found out what happens to the car if it isn't hooked up last night at the strip. Long story short, I changed my air filter to a panel K&N last night and in so doing, the intake tube slipped off my TB. I got everything hooked back up (or so I thought) and did my run.

*I recently put on a smaller pulley and fixed my crank sensor, so I was expecting a faster time than the last time I went to the track.*

Mych to my surprise, even with a faster 60' time, I ran slower than my last time at the track. Not much slower, but my mph were 1 less than last time. Couldn't figure it out at first. We were throwing ideas around like crazy trying to figure out why I wasn't running faster. I double checked all the fittings and found my PVC tube completely disconnected. Fixed it and ran again. Here are the results of the 2 runs. Keep in mind that I'm running a *mostly* stock sc.

(2nd run) (1st run PVC disconnected)
60' -- 2.387 2.314
330 - 6.486 6.598
1/8 -- 9.863@72.75 10.120@70.24
1000 -12.714 13.070
1/4 --15.267@89.53 15.704@88.66

As you can see, there was quite a difference in the two runs. I'm not sure if anyone has ever done this before, and trust me, I wish I hadn't. I wanted all my runs to be good. But all I got in were these two. There were a ton of people there! I'm just hfappy I got in a decent run. Now I just need to do something about my tires...

Back