Chrome SC rims

NIGHTFLIER

Hi all...just registered. I was wondering if the chrome rims for the SC are very common. I haven't seen very many around, and can't find a replacement center hub for one of the rims. The alluminum are apparently very common, but the dealership didn't even have a part number for the chrome. Thanks.

Attachments

• bird.jpg
    bird.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 537
I'm about 90% sure that chrome wasnt an option. The chrome ones I have were obviously done aftermarket (and a bad job as they are peeling). I have yet to find out how much it costs to do this, but I think it looks good.

I think I recall someone posting something about it costing around $300 per wheel to have them professionally chromed.

You probably could get it done cheaper, but the qualty might suffer...

I met a guy at Carlisle, and he had chrome sc rims, and he told me he sent it out to Cali and got all of them chromes for 85 each rim, and it looked realy nice too.

The chrome's were a $900 option.

Fairly rare. My white '90 5spd (my son has it now) had them.

Lee

< You can see it in the driveway in my Member Page.

Last edited:
hey nightflier, thats a good looking car!

You should come over and register on the SCCoW (super coupe club of washington) we have regular meets and its a lot of fun! see ya there! heres the address: www.sccow.com

Questions.....

FearThis SC,

I don't know if my son's still got the window sticker. It was with the car.

Daniel,

I'll bet it's hotter down there than here. We're only in the high 90's-low100's (F).

As far as T-Birds I've owned: (2) '57's Auto, '73 429 Auto, '80 5.0 Auto, '89 TC 5spd, '90 SC 5spd, '90 SC Auto and '90 35th.

I've also owned 11 Mustangs.

Not that I like Fords. :D

Lee

ive got a 94 with factory rims that were chromed,i bought them offa guy here like 4-5 years ago,he also failed to inform me that one was bent on the inside lip,not bad but it made the car shake alot!i guess his excellent condition is different than mine![butthole]anyway,mine are starting to turn a slight shade of yellowish in the deepest part of the wheels,you cant see it unless your really close.i had to send 1 of them out after the bend was rolled back out,the chrome cracked and after 4 years it started peeling bad.i called any and everyone,a place in college park,md is the only place that would help me,a new one was 250-300$ depending on who you called,they sent mine away,remount tire and balance for 210$,but i really do like the wheels!! and if a place is rechroming for $85 a wheel,im in the wrong buisness or its glued on tin foil!!..oh yea this place said they could get chrome center caps,i didnt price them though,ill ask when i pick up my wheel.....

Yea, my rims are polished, and i need chrome centercaps, because i have a 94 sc, and the centecaps are plastic, so i guess getting the centercaps chromed are the next best thing.

i just found a guy who said he has them in stock!! he says thier chrome center caps 93-95 sc.i havent called him yet.info is...max at a place called 5star ford #1800-866-1520 tell him your in the club and hell give a discount[so he says] if you talk to him please post back,im gonna be gone for awhile[prison]...just kidding,i wont have access to a comp. for awhile...thanks

Back